Yardbarker

Yardbarker

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Line 'em up/ Bench their butts


The Counselor is IN:


This column's intent is to give the readers an idea of few good players in favorable match ups and a few good players in bad match ups. If you have a great player, then it may not advisable to bench him for someone in the Line 'em Up section. If I suggest that you bench one of your studs, you can only do this if you have a good option behind him. If you don't have a good player behind him, don't bench 'em. Remember every league is different and I am advising from a standard league.



Line ‘em Up

QB Kurt Warner of Arizona. Kurt had a bad week 1. He had 288 yards and a touchdown. This would not be a bad week for many QBs but the expectation for Warner is higher after the year he had last year. Last week Boldin was hobbling and Breaston was out. This week Boldin will be back closer to full strength and Breaston might play. I expect Warner to push his stats over 300 passing yards and 2 TDs.



QB Aaron Rogers of Green Bay. Expectations are extremely high for Roger's fantasy season. In Week One, he did not deliver against the Bears with only a 184 yards and a touchdown. This week Rogers will go against the Bengals. I look for Rogers to come closer to meeting expecations this weekend. I would count on 275+ yards and 2 TDs.



RB Darren McFadden of Oakland. McFadden looked good last week. This week he will face a troubled Chiefs' defense. I look for McFadden to have one of the top fantasy Running Back day.



RB Carnell "Cadillac" Williams of Tampa Bay. I was not a believer that Cadillac could be effective after his surgeries. Boy was I wrong and now I am a believer. He ran all over the Cowboys with 13 carries for 97 yards and a touchdown. If the Bucs had not follow behind, it would have been more. I am not sure he will make it all season but I would start him until he appears to be giving out.



WR Andre Johnson of the Texans. Johnson was shut down last weekend. I don't think he will allow that two weeks in a row. The Titans' tough run defense will ensure that the Texans will need to pass the ball a lot. I look for a good game from Johnson this week.



WR Brandon Marshall of Denver. Marshall has shown up to practice and actually doing his job. I look for his skills to be much more utilized this weekend than he was last weekend. I think he will have 75 + yards and a TD.


Bench their Butts


QB Jay Cutler of Chicago.Jay did not look very good in his premire game as a Bear. This week he is facing a tough Steelers' Defense.



QB Carson Palmer of Cincinnati. Carson has a so-so week against a bad Broncos team. This week he faces a much better defense at Lambeau Field. I would leave him on your bench this week.



RB Larry Johnson of Kansas City. Johnson had 20 yards on 11 carries last week. I think Johnson is done. The Raiders now have a run defense with the addition of Seymour in the middle.



RB Steven Jackson of St. Louis. The Redskins were very effective against a good the rushing game of the Giants. Jackson will have a tough week against this defense.



WR DeSean Jackson of Philadelphia. McNabb is injured and may or may not play. Kolb is there backup QB. If McNabb can not go, I look for the run game (for a change) to become the focus of the Eagles' offense. I would leave Jackson on the bench.



WR Devin Hester of Chicago. Hester had a good 90 yard game with a touchdown on a tough Packers' defense last week. This week he is going against the Steelers. The Steelers will be preparing to stop Cutler and Hester this week. Bench em!



The Counselor is OUT:





No comments: