The Counselor is IN:
Things I Have Learned... from the Buccaneers at the Chiefs.
2) QB Jeff Garcia is a good manager of his team. He does not have great arm strength and usually makes the short passes. He is efficient and productive with 31 completions of 43 pass attempts with 339 yards. He had a touchdown and an interception. He led this team back from a 24-3 2nd quarter deficit.
3) QB Tyler Thigpen is an exciting, young, developing quarterback. He can make the touch passes and the long passes. He also can catch the ball on trick plays. He was 14 completions for 25 attempts for 164 and a touchdown. He also caught a caught a 37 yard touchdown pass on a trick play. If he can continue to develop, the Chiefs may finally have their QB of the future.
4) WR Antonio Bryant is developing into top level Wide Out. He is clearly Garcia’s favorite receiver. He had 8 receptions for 115 yards.
6) TE Tony Gonzalez is still one of the best Tight Ends in the game. He has a great one handed catch that was called back on a questionable penalty.
7) RB Earnest Graham did not have the great day I expected. He was starting against one of the worst running defenses in the league. He only had 62 yards on 19 carries and 2 fumbles.
8) Both Offensive lines looked good in pass protection. Neither QB has many hits on them behind the line of scrimmage.
9) CB Brandon Flowers of the Chiefs looks like a steal in the draft. He can play and has had to step up and play a lot.
Those are a few things I learned from the Buccaneers at the Chiefs.
The Counselor is OUT: