Yardbarker

Yardbarker

Friday, October 19, 2007

Writing with Pride (Cowboys Pride)

The Counselor is IN:

I have loved writing since my high school English teacher (Ms. Burns- Thank you again) encouraged me to creatively write. Suffering from dyslexia, I have always struggled with the proper spelling and grammar. I am not a details person but rather a big picture guy. But through these struggles and the wonderful invention of grammar and spell check, I have continued my love of writing. With my blogs, I get the opportunity to write about subjects that interest me.

One of the things that I love is my Dallas Cowboys. I have loved them since I was a young boy, to my father's chagrin. I have found a great website, Cowboys Pride, where others share my love for the Cowboys. Yesterday, I officially accepted the offer from the fine folks, Deb and Reg in particular, at Cowboys Pride to become a Staff Writer for them. I am extremely excited about the opportunity to be on staff at the wonderful website.

This is really an honor because Cowboys Pride already has a host of wonderful writers. It is a true privilege and honor for me to join this staff. The site administration is extremely encouraging and supportive. They even have an editor to catch all my grammatical errors, which I definitely need.

One of my favorite things about Cowboys Pride is our acceptance of non-Cowboy fans. We invite fans of other teams to join in and express their opinions. Each week, we highlight and invite members of a fan site for that week's opponent. This week we have joined forces with the fine folks at The Viking Board to discuss the game. There is always a fun but competitive discussion.

When you get a chance, please stop by the Cowboys Pride website and see their newest staff writer.

The Counselor is OUT:

No comments: