Yardbarker

Yardbarker

Sunday, December 28, 2008

It is over


The Counselor is IN:

The hope of a great 2008 Dallas Cowboys season were not just snuffed out on Sunday but obliterated. The team that was built to win it all could not secure a playoff spot. . They went into Philly knowing that they would make the playoffs if they won. Instead they decided not show up. In the National Football League, you are not given a playoff spot just because your team looks great on paper. No, you have to get there the old fashioned way, you have to earn it. These Cowboys played with little heart and little brains.

As a fan, I feel crushed, let down, and hugely disappointed. I wonder if I wasted my whole fall rooting for the team of prima donnas that could not play as a team. I am experiencing the pain of high expectations and low productivity.

Tony Romo is now hanging his head. I am with you, Tony. Luckily I do not have to go to work tomorrow and face all the Cowboy haters who will be overjoyed by the poor play of the Cowboys.

There is always next year. Maybe I will be able to buy some discounted Cowboys gear after this performance.

The Counselor is OUT:


No comments: