Yardbarker

Yardbarker

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Things I Have Learned...Redskins vs. Giants

The Counselor is IN:

Things I Have Learned... from the Redskins vs. the Giants. This was the season opening game with the world champs verses a divisional rival.


1) QB Eli Manning continues to lead his team in playoff fashion in the first half. The rest of the game he managed it but did not look nearly as sharp.

2) QB Jason Campbell is not as developed as I thought he would be in the early season. At times he looked like a rookie on the field. He would focus on just one receiver and hold onto the ball way too long. He never threw the ball past the first down marker on third down.

3) I thought the Giants Defense would have lost a step with some key lost players. This was not the case tonight. They brought the pressure against Campbell very successfully.

4) RB Brandon Jacobs ran like a Mac Truck. He kept his wheels turning and ran people over. He moved piles for yards down the field.

5) RB Clinton Portis looked good in the second half. I was surprised to hear that he just had his 27th birthday. I thought he was much older than that. I am sure I thought that because he has been injured so often.

6) WR Plaxico Burress is now healthy. He looked really good in this game. Amazing what signing a big contract can do to motivate you.

7) The Redskins Defense is not good enough to make up for how bad the Washington offense is.


Those are a few things I learned from the Redskins vs. the Giants game.


The Counselor is OUT:


No comments: