Things I Have Learned... from 2008 playoffs week 2.
Here are my thoughts from all 4 playoff games.
The Counselor is IN:
3) The Packers have a very effective running game. This is a change from earlier in the season. Ryan Grant ran for 201 yards with an average 7.4 yards per carry and 3 touchdowns. A two dimensional Packer team is very scary.
4) 2nd Year WR Greg Jennings is becoming a stud. He appears to have taken over as the go to guy for Favre.
5) QB David Garrard reminds me of Brett Favre and Tony Romo. He knows how to move away from defenders and senses their presence. He makes moves to buy time for his receivers to get open.
6) The Patriots Offensive linemen are studs. After giving up an early sac they did not give up another one all game. They did this against a really good Defensive line that continued to sac and harass Big Ben the week before. The line also opened some huge holes for Maroney.
7) QB Tom Brady proved to me why he was the MVP of the NFL. He was 26 catches for 28 passes with 262 yards and 3 touchdowns.
9) QB Philip Rivers is coming into his own. He is finding his WRs since Gates is slowed down with injury. Chambers and Jackson are good WRs that stepped up their play for this game. He had three touchdowns in this game.
10) QB Peyton Manning is amazing at adjusting the play at the line. He can read the defense and change the play for protection and routes.
11) Good backups win the game. With L.T. and Rivers out, Volek and Turner were able to fill in and lead this team to a victory.
12) Charger's defense is very opportunistic. They took away 14 points from with goal line interceptions.
13) WR Anthony Gonzalez has developed into a nice Wide Receiver for the Colts during the season. He received more playing time during the season than expected when
14) RB Marion Barber III is coming into his own. He started for the first time and he ran people over.
15) QB Eli Manning is starting to come out of his brother's shadow. The drive with 48 seconds left in the half was executed beautifully.
16) LB DeMarcus Ware is a monster. I already knew this but it is just reinforced with every Cowboy game I watch.
17) RB Bradshaw is a lighting fast player for the Giants. He is not a replacement for Tiki but he does make it easier for the Giants to deal for the loss of Tiki and his explosiveness.
18) The Cowboys forgot to run the ball at the second half. The run was working greatly in the first half but then forsaken it in the second half.
19) The Giants defense stepped up with injuries and pressured Romo. He was hardly touched in the first half but spent much of the second half on his back.
Congratulations to the Giants, Packers, Patriots, and Chargers. I will be spending the rest of the month in mourning for my Cowboys.
Those are a few things I learned from 2008 playoffs week 2.
The Counselor is OUT: