Things I Have Learned... from Rams vs. Cardinals.
The Counselor is IN:
1) QB Kurt Warner is still a solid starting QuarterBack. He does require protection to keep him from receiving more concussions. The Cardinals have adjusted to his style and are running the spread formation well. He will be pushing Leinart for the starting job.
2) The Rams continue to be aggressive in their play calling. Sometimes they are too aggressive like 4th and 4 on the 40 yard line.
3) Cardinal CB Antrel Rolle is a heck of a defensive back. What a run back he had in the second quarter for a TD. He had another interception return for over 50 yards.
4) The offensive line for the Rams continues to haunt them. For some reason, I am having a craving for Swiss Cheese.
5) WR Larry Fitzgerald has developed into the stud wide receiver that the Cardinals expected him to become. Bodlin is a wonderful receiver on the other side. They remind me of a younger version of Holt and Bruce. The dynamic duo are both young and should be a nightmare for opposing defenses for years to come.
6) WR Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce are still a great receiving tandem. They need their QB to have time to get them the ball. They should be back with better numbers next year.
7) RB Edgerrin James still can make some moves and create some excitement. It does appear that tread is receding on the tires but they are not bald yet. His career can be extended if they could find a second back to split carries with him.
8) Rams CB Oshiomogho Atogwe is the star of the Rams defense. He had a couple of interceptions with one for a 52 yard score. The return was not as elegant of a return as Rolle's but it was very effective.
Those are a few things I learned from the Rams vs. the Cardinals game.
The Counselor is OUT: