Yardbarker

Yardbarker

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

25 Man Rosters and Depth Charts

The Counselor is IN:

It is time to take the Fantasy Baseball draft list and compare it to the current 25 Man Rosters and Depth Charts for the MLB teams. MLB has links to every MLB team's site. On these sites, you can find that team's Active Roster and Depth Charts. There are many other sites that do offer this for you. To me, the official team sites are the most reliable list. Here is a link to the Orioles roster and depth chart. You can go to any MLB team sites from there.

The problem with using these sites like this, is that there is no easy and quick way to put a list of rosters together. I had to copy and paste into a word document to make a list. This can be time consuming but I find it to be necessary.

I am in the process of verifying that every player on my list is on the 25 man roster. I also want to know if they won the starting position or not. Are they pitching as a starter or in the bullpen. I will change the associated dollar amount to match. I also make notes of these things on my draft sheet.

The Injury list is also important. You need to know if one of these players are injured and how bad. Then you have to decide how it will affect their value. C.C. Sabitha was injured during opening day for the Indians. Depending on the projections of time he will be out, it may or may not affect his fantasy value. It is important to know these things before any draft.

The Counselor is OUT.

No comments: