Yardbarker

Yardbarker

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Team's Fantasy Studs and Duds

The Counselor is IN:

A Fantasy Stud is someone that is exceeding their Fantasy Projection (or at least making it if they are projected to be a Stud). A Fantasy Dud is someone that is under achieving for your team. I have a mixed bag of both on my team.

Stud: Jonny Gomes of Tampa Bay. He is my biggest Stud. He has 10 homers, has 21 RBI's, and is batting .299. He is my power guy. He had 21 Homers last year but is on pace to blow that away.

Stud: Hank Blalock of Texas. He had a down year last year. I expected him to pick it back up this year and he has. He has 5 Homers, 16 RBIs, and is batting .350.

Stud: Luis Castillo of Minnesota. He is batting .373 and he has 7 RBI's and 3 stolen bases. The Batting Average puts him on this list. He was my pick up for the loss of Soriano. He is no Soriano but Castillo has done a great job of replacing him for me.

Stud: Michael Young of Texas. He is batting .371 and has 1 homer, 13 RBIs and 2 stolen bases. I expected Young to have another good year but his batting average is outstanding for me again.

Stud: Jon Papelbon of Boston. He has excelled by being put in the Closer's Role. He has a 0.00 ERA, a 0.649 WHIP, and 9 saves. Over paying for him during the auction has become well worth it.

Stud: Jose Contreras of Chicago W.S. My best starting pitcher so far this year. He has an ERA of 1.55, a WHIP of .897 and 3 Wins.

Dud: Francisco Cordero of Texas. He has 3 saves and 3 Wins but has blown at least 4 save opportunities. He as a mammoth ERA of 12.00 and a huge WHIP of 1.889. There is still hope for him but right now he is killing me. The speculation is that he is hurt. We go on the DL and stop the bleeding.

Dud: Johan Santana of Minnesota. He is off to a usual slow start but it is killing me. He has an ERA of 4.81 and a WHIP of 1.479 with no Wins. This might be acceptable for the end of my rotation but not for my ACE of the staff.

Dud: Bruce Chen of Baltimore. I would be okay with Santana's numbers for Chen but Chen is not even close. He has a 7.84 ERA and a 1.790 WHIP with no wins.

Dud: Brad Radke of Minnesota. I traded for Radke to add another solid arm to my rotation and I have not been rewarded at all. He currently has an ERA of 7.50 and a WHIP of 1.54. He has 2 wins but they came before I traded for him.

Dud: Jeff Mathis of the Angels. I knew that it was a chance to take a Rookie catcher. I was hoping for something a little better. He currently has 1 homer and 2 RBI which I probably would not complain about if he did not have the horrid batting average of .118.

Dud: Dan Johnson of the A's. Dan came through for my team last year as a free agent pickup for an injury. This season so far, I am hoping he gets injured. He is batting .118 with 2 RBI and 0 Homers and Stolen Bases.

Dud: Corey Paterson of the Orioles. Corey is meeting my expectations with 1 homer, 4 RBI, and 4 stolen bases. Where he becomes a dud is with is current batting average of .156. If he was hitting .256 I would not be complaining at all.

The Counselor is OUT:

1 comment:

Kainito said...

I think getting Ghosts good information ผีดุ on the site is a great benefit to be able to continue.