1) Don’t ignore the needs of your team to make your team better for the second half of the season.
2) Do seek out appropriate trading partners to meet your trading needs.
3) Don’t make half thought out trades.
4) Do your research about the players you are looking to trade and receive. Also know if this will be a short term trade or one for the future if you are in a keeper/dynasty league. Feel free to ask the Counselor about your trades.
5) Don’t attempt to rob unsuspecting teams of their stud players.
6) Do your best to make balanced trade proposals which will help both teams. This not only helps both teams now but will help you with any future trades in this same league. If they trust you to make good trades, other owners will be much more likely to trade for you.
7) Don’t trade away all your good players for nothing if you are out of the playoffs.
8) Do trade away your best players in a keeper/dynasty league if it can make your team better for next year such as trading players at the end of their fantasy contracts with you.
9) Don’t buy into the player of the week hype to trade for.
10) Do look for a consistent player to trade for.
11) Don’t make a bad trade just for trade sake.
12) Do use caution in your trades. It is better to have no trade and stay the course than make the trade that kills your team.
The Counselor is OUT: