The Counselor is IN:
We are now about a month and a half into the Major League Baseball season. I will start to give my thoughts in my weekly column, Balk. I forgot to take my foot off the rubber before coming up with that name. .
* Most slow starting stars have started performing.
- C.C. Sabathia is starting to pitch like the A.L. stud we thought he was. He has his ERA below 6.00. 5.xx is nothing to brag about unless it was close to infinity like Sabathia’s was.
- David Ortiz is finally hitting the ball and hitting it well. He is now up to a .240 BA and 7 home runs. Considering that Big Pappy was below .095 batting average a few weeks ago, he is red hot.
- Albert Pujols is smoking hot with a .348 batting average and 8 homers and 2 stolen bases. His slow start did not last long.
My main fantasy team has moved from second to last to second place in the last month. Things can change very quickly early in the fantasy season.
* It is time to start tweaking your team. Find those weak links and check out the free agents. You can start looking at potential trades with other teams in your league.
* Paying attention to your team and their needs now can pay off at the end of the season. Many owners lose track of their team and miss injuries and key free agent pickups.
* Texas Rangers Starting Pitching has been good (except for
* The Rays are at the top of the American League East. A month and a half in and they are better than the Yankees or Red Sox. This will be the story of the year if they can maintain it through September.
* Interleague play is about to start up. I always enjoy the competition between the leagues. You do have to be careful with your DH players in the American League during the play.
* News Flash- Home runs are down this year. They were down last year from the year before and are on pace to be several hundred less this year. On a related note, the average size of baseball caps for players are also down. Hmmmn. I wonder how that happens?
The Counselor is OUT: