The Counselor is IN:
Here is another issue of The Balk.
* Over a week ago, Mariner's Richie Sexson charged the mound and attacked Texas Ranger's Kason Gabbard for a pitch that was over the plate. Sexson thought was too close with other players getting hit in this game. Sexson was suspended 5 games for this incident. When I saw the highlights (or lowlights), I remembered the faithful day in 1993 when Robin Ventura charged the mound against another Texas Ranger, Nolan Ryan. The 46 year old Nolan put
* Players that might be available free agents in your league.
CocoCrisp- Red Sox. He is batting .315 with 2 homers, 10 RBIs, and 6 SB in 92 at bats. He would be a source of good batting average and some cheap Stolen Bases.
- OF Ryan Sweeney- A's. He is batting .298 with 1 homer, 19 RBI's, and 3 Stolen Bases. 23 year old Sweeney has a lot of upside. If you are in a keeper league, he deserves a look.
- 3B Ramon Vazquez- Rangers. Ramon is batting .338 with 2 homers, 7 RBIs and no stolen bases. His value may really be in the multitude of positions that he may qualify at in your league. He has played 2 games at 2nd, 9 at Short Stop, and 16 at third base. Blaylock is expected to play 1st base for a while when he comes back from injury so Vazquez should continue to get a lot of playing time.
- Pitcher Jose Contreras- White Sox. He has an ERA of 3.35, a WHIP of 1.19, and 4 wins. Jose killed me last year in my league but he appears to be back to his former self. He is not a bad pick up for an injury and may continue to pitch like this for the rest of the year.
- Pitcher Tim Redding- Nationals. He has an ERA of 3.55, WHIP of 1.12, and 5 wins. I was surprised to find
available in my mix league. Redding
* Interleague play has begun. Remember to update your lineup where needed to most benefit from the Interleague play. Many DHs will be sitting down. Players like Big Pappy should play enough in the NL to start qualifying for 1st base in some leagues.
* Be on the look out for minor league call ups. Some of the studs of Double and Triple A will soon be in the Majors. A few have already started showing up on the 25 man rosters. Some of these players will be high reward free agency pick ups. With the high reward possibilities, there is also high risk especially with pitchers.
The Counselor is OUT: